On Tuesday 17 November Connecting Southern Gold Coast and Tweed Tourism jointly hosted a workshop at Le Monde Café at Kirra Surf for traders. It was called "Getting the Most from the Wintersun Festival ". Barry McNamara of Wintersun Inc was the guest speaker and was well received.
Whilst the Workshop was attended by only 20 traders from both the Southern Gold Coast and Tweed, it did not blunt the collective enthusiasm of those present to hold another Workshop
with Barry in February 2010
A number of concerns were raised by traders and ensuing discussion with Barry McNamara revealed that some of them could probably be rectified in the programming of the 2010 Festival. This was a good result.
Also, Barry pointed out the following which was well noted and discussed by those present:
1. There are many opportunities for traders to convert additional visitor spend into 'dollars in the till' during Wintersun and creativity and cooperation with the Festival should see this occur, for those traders willing to get active;
2. The Festival is in need of volunteers, starting now;
3. The Festival organizers have produced a booklet for traders which lists how traders can become a 'financial friend' of Wintersun and gives ideas as to how they can participate in quality promotions relating to the Festival;
4. Barry encouraged traders to suggest to their suppliers of goods and services should also become a 'financial friend' of Wintersun for appropriate recognition and as a show of support.
5. Wintersun Inc is an incorporated association under the laws of Queensland and a copy of its audited accounts are on its website under the "Students' tab.
Any traders interested talking with Barry about the above or finding out more about how they can help or be involved with Wintersun are encouraged to call him on 07 5536 9509.