Public voting is now open for Tugun Community Bank® Branch Bendigo Bank’s competition to provide $15,000 in funding to community projects in the local region.
Projects that receive the most votes will win a share in $15,000, with the winners to be announced during the Tugun Community Bank’s 15th birthday celebrations in early 2018.
The finalists have been selected from their applications for funding for projects that are needed on the Southern Gold Coast, including:
- PCYC Deep Blue Line Project – program for 13-17 year olds to encourage self esteem and confidence for wayward youth
- Southern Beaches Community Garden – 144m2 propagation tunnel to expand garden
- Uniting Care Community – Blair Athol Accommodation laundry facilities
- Coolangatta State School – Indigenous Program
- Fight 4 Youth – boxing program for youth
Public voting will be open from 1 December, 2017 to 31 January 2018, and votes can be made online via Facebook
or in branch at Shop 1-3/482 Golden Four Drive, Tugun. Only 1 vote per person.
Co-chair of the Tugun Community Bank® Branch, Lisa Fitz Gerald, said it was a fantastic opportunity to not only celebrate the bank’s 15th birthday, but also for the bank to support projects the community really needs.
“Over the past 15 years, the Tugun Community Bank has contributed over $1 million back into local organisations, events and projects, and now we are giving our community a chance to get involved by voting on the projects they most want to see to improve our area.
“Importantly, we want to spread the message that by banking with the Tugun Community Bank® Branch, the funds are generated from the profits of the bank and injected right back into the local community where we live.”