Popular local café, Kirramisu Café & Restaurant, has relocated. The Kirra establishment has moved just down the road, to reside under the Pure Kirra building at the corner of Haig and Musgrave Streets.
The inaugural Kirra Criterium Classic hit the road on Saturday October 10 in an exciting event that captured the attention of countless cycling enthusiasts and the general public. The thrilling showdown included corner spills, sprint races and powerful finishes on a closed section of Kirra’s Musgrave Street.
The Kirra Currumbin Rotary Club and the Coolangatta-Tweed Heads Rotary Club have amalgamated to become the Rotary Club of Currumbin-Coolangatta-Tweed Inc. ..
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games™ (GC2018) presents enormous opportunity for the Gold Coast accommodation industry to cement its reputation for quality on the world stage. ..
The first Gold Coast International Festival of Kites was held on September 26 – 27, with kites flying across the Gold Coast at Kirra, Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise. Locals and visitors on School Holidays turned out in droves to watch the spectacular kite displays and join in the kite flying fun. ..
Currumbin Valley’s annual cycling event, Tour de Valley, is back in 2015. On Sunday October 11 the event heads to the Currumbin Valley for the 36km Solo Time Trial, the Team Cycling Challenge (36km or 72km) and the Cyclocross. ..
Connecting Southern Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise Alliance and Broadbeach Alliance have teamed up to create the Gold Coast’s first ever weekend of kite flying across the city on 26-27 September. ..
A new pizzeria has opened its doors along Musgrave St in Kirra. Buena Vista Pizzeria is the newest tenant to take up the commercial space underneath the Pure Kirra building, opposite Kirra Beach. ..
Several exciting new events are making their way to the Southern Gold Coast later this year. Coming to our Southern shores in late September, the Gold Coast Festival of Kites is a first for the city, and builds on the much-loved event which commenced as the Kirra Kite Festival several years ago. ..
Beaches on Kirra, in the landmark Kirra Surf building, has new owners. With a long and passionate history in food and beverage, husband and wife Bec and Scott Roworth have been putting their stamp on the venue for the past few months. ..
Kirra Hill Community Centre, in Garrick Street, Coolangatta, has a number of last-minute spots available for local artists to exhibit at their popular Art Gallery in June. There is no cost to be involved.
The bookings run in two week blocks, and the last remaining vacancies for this year are June 15 - 29 and June 29 - July 13. There are also vacancies available for all of next year.
North Kirra, Bilinga and Tugun beaches were flooded with competitors from surf clubs from all over the country in this year’s National Surf Life Saving Championships – “The Aussies” – held from April 11 to 19. ..
Brace yourself for the action packed months ahead as we roll into summer in high gear, our amazing region is approaching fever pitch! Take a deep breath in October and savour the calm before the storm if you can as we all know how quickly Christmas rolls around from this point of the year! So gear up for the months ahead with all the action in October on the SGC!
- Cooly Rocks On 2011 - Find out the latest news on the new event for 2011!
- Surf World Gold Coast Event TONIGHT! Support Surf World Gold Coast by heading to this great little event tonight!
- Animal Action Day - The 4th Annual Animal Action Day festivaI this weekend at Gecko House & Winders Park, Currumbin. People from all over Australia will descend on the Gold Coast to raise awareness, appreciation & respect for all animals & the environment. All proceeds will be used to re-wild and breed the critically-endangered South China Tigers. See the full program here!
- The Patch Lounge - Coolangatta’s premier new hot spot, presenting an unparalleled commitment to sophistication, modesty and elegance!
- A garden with a difference! - A must-see garden with rainforest, themed plantings, original dairy and spectacular Japanese garden with tea-house.
- FestivaI Love - Here's a hint... Kirra in November will be AWESOME!!!
- Focus On TUGUN - Tugun is a bubbling and vibrant community village and is currently undergoing a facelift with the Tugun Centre Improvement Project starting to take shape!
- Spotlight on New Business - Tugun this month welcomes Trilogy Hair & Psychics and Toolona St Food Store!
- QTIC Business Barometer - an online self evaluation system designed to help Queensland tourism businesses assess the strength of their operations. We encourage businesses to avail themselves of this cost-free opportunity to self-assess their business.
Promote your business for next to nix! Learn more about how we can help you effortlessly promote your business!
SGC Success Spotlight - Nadia Sunde, a proud Souther Gold Coaster, has taken out 3rd place in the International Songwriters Competition, Children's Category! Congratulations Nadia, on a great achievement!
Northern Rivers Tourism Symposium - If you're in hospitality, retail, health & wellness, the arts, transport, entertainment, service or education - you're in the tourism business! Click here to read more about the Symposium!
Graham's Monthly Business Tips - This month Graham has a great offer for just TWO SGC businesses looking to double their business turnover in the next 12mths!
- Caring for our Dunal System - Read an update from GCCC as to the current projects to care for our beachesand Dunal Systems on the Southern Gold Coast
..To read the General Manager's update click here! Watch out for the following events coming up in the next 3 months!view online | forward to a friend
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month's newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!
November December January Kirra Surf Stock 12-14th November Kirra Kite FestivaI - NEW! 20-21st November NIB Coolangatta Gold 7th November Christmas Carols Date TBA New Years Eve Fireworks 31st December Rip Curl MP CIassic Date TBA