The Currumbin RSL has started a local walking group to improve heart health and as a way to meet new friends. It’s part of the RSL’s ‘Southern Community Hub’ initiative and meets every Friday by the Creek at the Currumbin RSL from 9.15 to 10am. Bring the dog, the pram, or use it as an excuse to escape from the office for an hour every Friday morning. ..
It’s a clean sweep for Southern Gold Coast beaches winning Queensland’s Cleanest Beaches for the past three years in a row, with Rainbow Bay crowned Queensland’s Cleanest Beach this month. The annual awards are run by Keep Queensland Beautiful. ..
In February 2012, the Southern Gold Coast will be home to the city’s newest and most exciting Festival, Bleach* Surfing the Fringe. Bleach* is Gold Coast’s premiere and inaugural Surf Culture Festival. ..
As another month ticks over and we turn the page on the wall calendar, welcoming May, the Southern Gold Coast is preparing for the inaugural Cooly Rocks On FestivaI! We have another update below on the preparations that the CRO team is making for a great show to begin on the 3rd of June, so be sure to check out how things are progressing. If you are not yet a fan of our Facebook page, I would suggest you wander over (see link at the bottom of the page) and click 'Like'. There will be some fabulous announcements coming soon that will be exclusive to our Facebook page and we would hate for you to miss out on the fun! We have a great selection of events and news articles for you this month, so grab a cuppa and c a t c h up on all the Southern Gold Coast news!
Cafe d'bar presents Bernadette Lack - Ends 31st. May See this fantastic display from emerging Fine Artist from the Gold Coast Hinterland. Figurative, portrait and landscape works in acrylic and oils on canvas, painterly interpretations of photo realism and Impressionist techniques.
- Coolangatta HoteI's Work Hard, Play Hard - Every Friday Coolangatta HoteI rewards your hard work when you and five or more colleagues or friends head to The Cooly to enjoy a free platter and reserved seating! What better way to end a hard week at the office!
- Seven Delicious Sins Degustation - 13th May is Black Friday! Treat yourself to a night of decadence with this seven course degustation at Currumbin RSL.
- Whispering Jack Show - 14th May Currumbin RSL bring you the hits of John Farnham with this fantastic tribute show and a meal!
- Markets - Coolangatta Markets on Mother's Day 8th May, treat Mum to a great day of arts n crafts markets in the heart of Coolangatta! Currumbin Valley Markets will be held on the 29th May.
- CRO in Tugun - Cooly Rocks On is rocking its way north into Tugun!
- Ethno Australia - A new event to bring the world of m u s i c to your doorstep.
- SGC Winter Promotions - Would you like your Southern Gold Coast business featured in our tactical winter promotions? If so, read on and contact us to see how you can benefit from getting onboard!
- SGC Welcomes New Business - Tugun welcomes two new businesses to the area this month!
- International R u g b y Sevens - a new o p p o r t u n i t y for the Southern Gold Coast.
- Cooly Rocks On Update - Team CRO, Registrations open for the Daily News Street Parade and The Great South East!
- Raw Talent Quest - Currumbin RSL will be hosting an All Ages Raw Talent Quest in June and July 2011. This quest is designed to give live performance artist of all ages and disciplines the o p p o r t u n i t y to showcase their talent in the local community and have the chance to win $ and prizes.
- Spotlight on Business - We recently had a lovely chat with Alicia from Boatshed Bait & T a c k l e, a long standing SGC business, who have discovered a niche for themselves and are taking the bull by the horns!
Cooly Rocks On 3rd - 13th June Raw Talent Quest Dates TBA Tugun Bowlathon 30th-31st July Raw Talent Quest Dates TBA
Autumn is here, which means Easter is just around the corner! It also means that the SGC Winter is on its way, although you can hardly call it a winter considering average temperatures generally don't get much lower than around 11°C! So while we watch the leaves turn this Autumn, come to the Southern Gold Coast for our amazing weather, great events and so many things to do, you will wear yourself out trying to fit them all in!
- Cooly S w i m CIassic 3rd April - S w i m the Cooly CIassic and conquer three of Australia's most revered surf breaks - Snapper Rocks, Coolangatta and Kirra. Whether you're an ironman or ironwomen contender looking for a hit-out, or a newcomer to ocean swimming, the Cooly CIassic has an option for you.
- Chiko MP CIassic 16th-17th April - The 10th MP CIassic sponsored by Chiko, who will be named 'King of the Point' this year?
- Beach S o c c e r 20th-24th - You are invited to enter a t e a m or join a t e a m in the Gold Coast Beach S o c c e r Challenge to be conducted on 20th/21st April (ages 10/12/14/16); 23rd/24th April open men/women at Coolangatta Beach.
- Anzac Day at the Cooly HoteI 25th April - Get your True Blue Aussie on at the Coolangatta HoteI this Anzac day with two of Australia's best tribute bands playing!
- Chiko Alley CIassic 30th April - 1st May - the 15th Alley cIassic kicks off on the 30th April.
- SGC Welcomes New Business - not exactly a new business, more like an existing business getting bigger!
- Quiksilver & Roxy P r o Contest winner - read on to see who the winner of our survey contest was!
- Is your business socially inclined? - If you have a sociaI media page for your business connect now and read on!
- Cooly Rocks On Update - Not long to go until the new nostalgia FestivaI comes to town folks! Catch up on what's happening with Cooly Rocks on here.
- Websites, Blogs & SociaI Media - Should your business have them?
- gets in on the conversation about online vs offline this month!
V i s i t us on Twitter or Facebook!
Chiko Alley CIassic Cooly Rocks On 3rd - 13th June Tugun Bowlathon 30th-31st July