The Southern Gold Coast is springing to life, as we say "so long" to Winter and "hello" to some of the most beautiful conditions you're likely to see all year! The water is beginning to warm, the sun is certainly heating up and the air is crisp with the promise of new life! As Spring settles in, this month we see the return of Swell Sculpture Festival, and what a great time of year to get outside and view 55 amazing sculptures installed along the length of Currumbin Beach. Swell gives you a hint of some amazing events coming our way over the next few months as we head into Summer, make sure you check our Coming Soon section below to find out what's on the horizon!
- Cooly Rocks On 2011 - Find out the latest news on the new event for 2011!
- Swell Sculpture Festival 2010 - It's that time of year again where Currumbin Beach springs to life in more ways than one! 55 amazing sculptures will be on display when SGC's premier outdoor cultural event opens on Sept 10th!
- Like your music live? - The SGC has some fantastic live venues with amazing artists in town over the next month. Don't miss out, check our Events guide for all the action and celebrate Spring's arrival by getting footloose and fancy free!
- Cooly Rocks On - The Festival Management Committee are seeking support from businesses in the SGC/Tweed regions that are able to contribute to the Festival by way of 'in kind' services or discounted costs.
- Northern Rivers Tourism Symposium - If you're in hospitality, retail, health & wellness, the arts, transport, entertainment, service or education - you're in the tourism business! Click here to read more about the Symposium!
- Proud Southern Gold Coasters - If you are a proud Southern Gold Coaster and have a website, then click here!
- Running an event? - Make sure you list your event with Australian Tourism Data Warehouse via Tourism Queensland. It won't cost you a cent and your event can be listed on up to 50 websites giving you great exposure!
- SGC Success Spotlight - Congratulations to Gemma Roberts of Serene Beauty in Tugun for being awarded the Therapist of the Year by AAPA the Beauty Industry's National Association!
- Congratulations to Currumbin's own, Jamie Mitchell, who recently claimed his ninth win in the Molokai to Oahu paddleboard race! Jamie finished the course in 4hrs 52mins 45 sec or 15 minutes clear of the field of 150. It was five minutes off his race record and earned him his ninth channel title, considered the unofficial world championships of paddleboarding.
- Graham's Monthly Business Tips - This month Graham explores the REAL worth of your clients!
..To read the General Manager's update on GCCC Budget and how the SGC features in it, click here! Watch out for the following events coming up in the next 3 months!
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to email@example.com by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month's newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!
October November December Coolangatta Markets & Currumbin Valley Markets 10th & 24th and 31st Oct Kirra Surf Stock 12-14th November Kirra Kite FestivaI - NEW! 20-21st November NIB Coolangatta Gold 7th November Christmas Carols Date TBA New Years Eve Fireworks 31st December