The Southern Gold Coast is springing to life, as we say "so long" to Winter and "hello" to some of the most beautiful conditions you're likely to see all year! The water is beginning to warm, the sun is certainly heating up and the air is crisp with the promise of new life! As Spring settles in, this month we see the return of Swell Sculpture Festival, and what a great time of year to get outside and view 55 amazing sculptures installed along the length of Currumbin Beach. Swell gives you a hint of some amazing events coming our way over the next few months as we head into Summer, make sure you check our Coming Soon section below to find out what's on the horizon!
- Cooly Rocks On 2011 - Find out the latest news on the new event for 2011!
- Swell Sculpture Festival 2010 - It's that time of year again where Currumbin Beach springs to life in more ways than one! 55 amazing sculptures will be on display when SGC's premier outdoor cultural event opens on Sept 10th!
- Like your music live? - The SGC has some fantastic live venues with amazing artists in town over the next month. Don't miss out, check our Events guide for all the action and celebrate Spring's arrival by getting footloose and fancy free!
- Cooly Rocks On - The Festival Management Committee are seeking support from businesses in the SGC/Tweed regions that are able to contribute to the Festival by way of 'in kind' services or discounted costs.
- Northern Rivers Tourism Symposium - If you're in hospitality, retail, health & wellness, the arts, transport, entertainment, service or education - you're in the tourism business! Click here to read more about the Symposium!
- Proud Southern Gold Coasters - If you are a proud Southern Gold Coaster and have a website, then click here!
- Running an event? - Make sure you list your event with Australian Tourism Data Warehouse via Tourism Queensland. It won't cost you a cent and your event can be listed on up to 50 websites giving you great exposure!
- SGC Success Spotlight - Congratulations to Gemma Roberts of Serene Beauty in Tugun for being awarded the Therapist of the Year by AAPA the Beauty Industry's National Association!
- Congratulations to Currumbin's own, Jamie Mitchell, who recently claimed his ninth win in the Molokai to Oahu paddleboard race! Jamie finished the course in 4hrs 52mins 45 sec or 15 minutes clear of the field of 150. It was five minutes off his race record and earned him his ninth channel title, considered the unofficial world championships of paddleboarding.
- Graham's Monthly Business Tips - This month Graham explores the REAL worth of your clients!
..To read the General Manager's update on GCCC Budget and how the SGC features in it, click here! Watch out for the following events coming up in the next 3 months!
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to email@example.com by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month's newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!
October November December Coolangatta Markets & Currumbin Valley Markets 10th & 24th and 31st Oct Kirra Surf Stock 12-14th November Kirra Kite FestivaI - NEW! 20-21st November NIB Coolangatta Gold 7th November Christmas Carols Date TBA New Years Eve Fireworks 31st December
Tourism Promotion - Over the last three months, we have conducted radio advertising directed at the SE QLD Drive Market; familiarisation and information tours in conjunction with Gold Coast Tourism, Tweed Tourism and Tourism Australia; replenishment of SGC regional brochures to traders in the region; and specific promotions in relation to the Seafood Discovery Trail (Currumbin to Cabarita). For further information or enquiries please contact Mike Thies on 0755 343 500. Events & Festivals - Not withstanding the lack of supply of sponsorship funding for events & festivals, we are pleased to report that our sponsorship monies have been applied to events such as Rhythm Kirra Team Challenge, Quiksilver Pro, Rip MP Classic and Surfboard Festival. Surfing is a major attractor of publicity for and visitations to the Southern Gold Coast. We are constantly scanning for opportunities for new events and festivals and are currently in discussion with promoters of the Kirra Kite and Multi-cultural Festival; Beach Volley Ball competition and have made a commitment to Gold Coast Beach Soccer Championships to be held at Kirra from July 7-10, 2010. For more information contact Jim Wilson 0755 343 500. Business Assistance - We have been working with Southern Cross University and John Flynn Hospital in relation to new avenues for attracting overseas patients; local organisations engaged in environmental and cultural education - in order to provide a website to promote all of their businesses; surfing industry representatives on manufacturing and educational opportunities; and the establishment of a Business Enterprise Centre at Tugun for the purpose of providing free professional advice to small business on establishment and growth matters. ..