Festival Manager – Cooly Rocks On™
Cooly Rocks On™ is Australia’s foremost nostalgia festival of the 50’s and 60’s, staged in the borders towns of Coolangatta/Tweed Heads, late May/early June (over a 10 day period).
The event is an initiative of Connecting Southern Gold Coast Ltd and is managed by an elected Management Committee.
The 2014 Event delivered in excess of 109,000 visitors.
The Festival seeks a full time, experienced, capable, enthusiastic, committed, hands on Festival Manager preferably able to commence duties on or before 1st July 2015.
The position requires the successful candidate:
- To be able to plan, manage and implement outcomes to deliver a successful festival.
- To work with and provide the Management Committee with accurate reports each month on the progress of the event.
- To have a sound knowledge of Corporate Governance issues & requirements pertaining to a like festival.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to be able to secure and liaise with sponsors, funding bodies and the police.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of general logistics, security and safety procedures including Risk Management requirements.
- Have a proven ability to set, review and work within a defined budget.
- Be able to suitably engage with media and community groups on this themed festival of classic cars, dancers and rock ’n’ roll/rockabilly music.
- Demonstrate suitable networking links.
- Be able to work co-operatively with Festival sub-committees and a small team of volunteers.
- Salary package (includes Super) circa $80,000 to $100,000 (commensurate with experience), plus incentive based bonus scheme.
If you thrive on working on a big, exciting challenge and have the necessary attributes, please submit your resume to:
Or post to: The Chairman
Cooly Rocks On Festival
P.O. Box 728
Tugun Qld 4224
Applications close 5:00pm on 29th May 2015