Next year marks the Centenary of Coolangatta State School – first established on Kirra Hill in 1919, now the Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre, and the present school at Staplyton Street, Kirra established in 1977. Local businesses are being encouraged to take part in the celebrations in February 2019.
A fete event will be held on Saturday 9th February from 2pm – 6pm and a smaller event will be held on Kirra Hill on Sunday 10th February, from 2pm – 4pm – with the Governor of Queensland, His Excellency, The Honourable Paul de Jersey to unveil a plaque to commemorate the occasion.
The school is seeking local businesses to partner with the event in the form of:
• Donations in money or in kind for the running of events or for raffles/auctions
• Businesses setting up displays, stalls, promotions to engage the public with food or goods
• Supply of tents or marquees
The school is also seeking information, if locals can assist with:
• Names of famous local identities who may have gone to either one of the Coolangatta State Schools
• A contact for the person who organised the Kirra Beach dance party revival
Interested businesses can contact Principal Sharyn Mahony on email@example.com or Phone: 07 5589 0111