The past month has been devoted to establishing the way forward for the Festival. The Festival Management Committee, of which our General Manager, Jim Wilson, is Secretary, has done the following:
1. Appointed a Festival Operations Manager in Mr Bob Newman ex Operations Manager of Rally Australia in the Tweed
2. Appointed Hanson Media as national PR, Communications and Marketing consultants for the Festival
3. Finalised a budget and programme of events for discussion with trader community on the 8th September at The Cooly Hotel from 5.30pm – all are welcome to attend!
4. Commenced negotiations with potential corporate sponsors,
5. Agreed in principle, with QLD Police & GCCC for the closure of Griffith St on the Saturday & Sunday (11th & 12th June), the Queens Birthday long weekend!
Bob Newman commences work on the 2nd September and from there, it will be full on planning to ensure that a bigger and better winter nostalgia rock n roll festival rolls into Coolangatta/Tweed next June!