Posted on September 30th, 2010 by admin
Tugun is a bubbling and vibrant community village and is currently undergoing a facelift with the Tugun Centre Improvement Project starting to take shape!
The new works will include:
- Centre parking in Golden Four Drive between Elizabeth and Wyberba Streets;
- Existing fountain converted to timber deck platform with up-lit central sculpture “Minneta”;
- Upgrade and extensions to the existing rotunda and construction of a new nearby shelter;
- New footpaths along the western alignment of Golden Four Drive from Wagawn to Wyberba Street, and around into Wyberba Street;
- Enlarged and landscaped build out opposite the fountain and rotunda;
- Incorporation of street trees in the western section of Wyberba Street and also in Golden Four Drive between Wagawn and Wyberba Streets;
- New centre planting in Golden Four Drive between Wagawn and Toolona Streets;
- Street printing at street thresholds throughout the centre; and
- New median landscaped centre island in western section of Wyberba Street
Promoting Tugun is a new group of business owners, headed by local business and property owner, Alan Blenkins. They are out and about speaking to Tugun business owners and seeking feedback, ideas and input into how this area can be better marketed with a view to reducing commercial vacancies. As the name implies, Promoting Tugun, focus on promoting the village and looking at ways of advertising and creating events & workshops for local business owners!
If you own a business in Tugun, and have not yet received a survey to provide your feedback, you can download the survey here and return to Maris Dirx either by email or you can contact Maris on 0421 215 596!
Tugun has also had an influx of new businesses arriving in the area in past months, with Groove Cafe, Found Furniture, Trilogy Hair & Psychics and Toolona St Food Store all being welcomed to the village.