Posted on August 2nd, 2010 by admin
As the weather starts to warm up, we can expect to see more and more people out and about lapping up the sunshine and gearing up for summertime on the beautiful SGC! We have some great events coming up this summer and once again, the SGC will be THE place to be to get in on all the action! Make sure that you bookmark our events page and stay up to date on new festivals and events coming to the region this year!
- Cooly Rocks On 2011 – The new name has been announced, read who picked up the amazing prizes on offer!
- Winter Series Beach VolleybalI – Beach VolleybalI for everyone! The GC Winter Series has an open comp for the serious pIayers and also a Fun 4s sociaI division that anyone can enter. Entry fees from as little as $10 per pIayer. The Beach VolleybaIl Winter Series is a community initiative by Bond Beach VolleybalI
- Like your music live? – The SGC has some fantastic live venues with amazing artists in town over the next month. Don’t miss out, check our Events guide for all the action and get your boogie on this August!.
- Mayor’s SociaI Responsibility Awards – This award to be presented on an annual basis to a Gold Coast business that demonstrates corporate sociaI responsibility in its day to day operations. Nominations close on the 30th September!
Great South East - Last week we had the pIeasure of showing the Great South East production crew the beauty that abounds in our very own Currumbin Valley, as they were shooting a feature on the Walks & Lookouts of the Southern Gold Coast!
- Tugun Centre Improvement Program Update – Tugun is in the process of getting a makeover? Find out what’s planned for our beachside community village!
- Tugun Progress Assoc Meeting - The meeting is at 7.30pm on Monday, 16th August, at the Tugun Progress Hall, 433 Golden Four Drive.
Running an event? – Make sure you list your event with Australian Tourism Data Warehouse via Tourism Queensland. It won’t cost you a cent and your event can be listed on up to 50 websites giving you great exposure!
- Spotlight on new Business - Southern gold Coast welcomes Found furniture to Tugun!
- Graham’s Monthly Business Tips – This month Graham shares great ways to introduce risk reversal into your business!
To read the General Manager’s update on GCCC Budget and how the SGC features in it, click here!
Watch out for the following events coming up in the next 3 months!
October November Swell Sculpture FestivaI
Coolangatta Markets &
10th & 24th and 31st Oct
Kirra Surf Stock
Kirra Kite FestivaI
stay tuned for more info
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to email@example.com by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month’s newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!