Posted on June 1st, 2010 by admin
Is it really June already? This month, once again, we have so much to share with you about what’s happening in our amazing region! Yes there’s been a lot of attention on Coolangatta and the loss of the Wintersun FestivaI to NSW regional centres starting with Port Macquarie next year. This edition features a report on our plans for a replacement festivaI in 2011. We’ve also added a new section to the newsletter to give you a quick heads up on some of the coming events over the next 3mths. We hope you enjoy this edition of Southern Gold Coast News!
- Cooly Rocks on in 2011 – Southern Gold Coast Tourism Working Group Sub Committee.
- Wintersun 2010 - Get ready to get down and shake a leg with the best rockers and swing dancers in Australia as Wintersun FestivaI 2010 cruises into town!
- Walks & Lookouts of the SGC – Download our PDF of Walks & Lookouts of the SGC today! It won’t cost you a cent, you’ll get some great exercise AND you get to check out all the amazing views and hidden gems that the SGC has to offer!
- Whale Watching with Cooly Dive - From June to November each year the majestic Humpback Whales migrate north right past our beautiful coastline.
- CoastRs - Local business are invited to provide vouchers or discounts for the students and staff of the Southern Cross University Tweed Gold Coast community. We currently have 3 locations in the SGC/Tweed with over 1600 staff and students.
- Spotlight on New Business – The SGC welcomes Mist and Groove Cafe
- Boomerang Smiles – The Currumbin RSL College have launched a brand new training program based around Customer Service. Boomerang Smiles is a customer service training program that has a clear message, is uniquely Australian, has a strong branding and is very accessible to service businesses in terms of cost, time and location!
- Coolangatta/Tweed Community Safety Committee - See an update from the last meeting held on the 25th May!
- Bell Legal Group Seminar - Connecting Southern Gold Coast in conjunction with Bell Legal Group, Colin Woodward & Associates & Graham Lock Retail Business Consultants present a ‘FREE’ seminar on Wednesday 16 June 2010 titled “Hot Topics for Business” Be proactive, get informed and minimize your risk
- Global Tourism Solutions -Do you have a Tourism business? If so, this is for you!
- Southern Cross University – invites organisations and individuals to consider supporting a scholarship as part of the Rising Stars Scholarships Program. Rising Stars Scholarships aim to reward students who demonstrate outstanding academic potential and also provide support to students who may not otherwise have the chance of a university education.
- Currumbin Vikings SLSC Seminar - Free iPhone marketing information session
- Graham’s Monthly Business Tips – Our local business expert talks this month about ‘The Murderer Inside’ and whether you’re really kidding yourself or not!
Solar Savers Challenge – Gecko throws down the challenge to the community to switch to Solar power while saving up to $470 per year on your household power costs!
To read the General Manager’s Budget presentation speech to GCCC, click here!
Watch out for the following events coming up in the next 3 months!
July August September Beach Soccer Championships
The Cat Empire at the Coolangatta HoteI
Swell Sculpture FestivaI
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month’s newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!