Posted on May 4th, 2010 by admin
Southern Gold Coast Newsletter
It’s hard to believe that the we’re almost half way through 2010! As the southern states prepare to well and truly rug up for the coming Winter, the SGC prepares for Wintersun in more ways than one! While our Winter here comprises mostly of crisp clear days and cooler nights, it’s still great weather to get out and about and discover the beautiful surrounds of our region!
- D’Alliance returns to Currumbin RSL – From the 27th to the 30th May this year, Currumbin RSL will transform into a Carnivale of local and national performers. Saturday Carnivale is open to all at no cost, with night time events ticketed. Click here for more info!
- Gatta Golden Greats Luncheon – With some very speciaI guests this year, including Wendell Sailor, Scott Prince and the original 007 Bond girl Tiffany Bond! Don’t miss this entertaining ceIebration of Coolangatta’s finest!
- The Family and Community Expo South – (FACES) will be held on Saturday June 5th at the Tugun Village Community Centre 10am – 2pm. The Expo is a chance for the community to gather and gain information about community services, attend workshops, enjoy entertainment and activities for the whole family.
- There’s nothing like… Tourism Australia’s latest campaign to promote our beautiful country to the rest of the world! Just like “there’s nothing like the Southern Gold Coast!”. So why not enter the competition and complete the sentence ‘There’s nothing like…’ in 25words or less, about the Southern Gold Coast!
- The Southern Gold Coast Chamber of Commerce announces the details of its next meeting to be held on the 11th May 2010. Click here for more information including the location, time and agenda for the meeting!
- Why not nominate your business for the 2010 Business Excellence Awards! Monthly winners become finalists in the 2010 15th Annual Award! Click here to nominate your business today!
- Tourism Working Group -You may have seen that a Tourism Working Group has been established with the aim of having local traders have their say on strategic and operational initiatives which will keep the SGC at the forefront as a tourism Destination. For more details, click here!
- Gold Coast and Hinterland Tourism Opportunity Plan 2009-2018 – All businesses within the SGC should be familiar with the projects and initiatives that have been identified by the State Government, Tourism Queensland and Gold Coast Tourism. We welcome any ideas or comments as to how we should make representations on behalf of the SGC.
- Spotlight on New Businesses - The SGC warmly welcomes NINE new businesses this month! Now you can enjoy a yummy slow cook steak at Hogs Breath Cafe, enjoy a coffee from Zaraffa’s or check out Cooly Dive, Clearvision Optometrists, John Rose Jewellery, Coolangatta Healthfoods, Fashion Nails, Hopscotch Gelati and She-Va (coming soon) all located in Coolangatta! We also welcome Jeff Licence Media Education and Production to Tugun!
- The Inaugural Gold Coast Science Fair is designed as a community event to encourage understanding of and participation in science and technology. Gold Coast City Council are now seeking indications of interest for participation. Participants are encouraged to embrace the “hands-on” role for activities in order to showcase science discoveries and technology being used in our day to day lives and provide an enjoyable experience. Education, industry and local government are encouraged to participate.
- Graham’s Monthly Business Tips – Making quiet periods busy periods! Learn effective and easy ways of transforming those quiet times of the year!
Pure Green Discovery goes LIVE! – Behind the scenes, we’ve been working hard on a new initiative with the environmental and cultural educators here on the SGC to create a value offering to schools, encouraging them to bring their kids to our beautiful region for their learning adventures and excursions! Click here for more info and see the website here!
- Kirra SurfStock balances Carbon Footprint - Read more about the first event of its kind on the Gold Coast that has balanced it’s carbon footprint and how! Click here for the full story!
- Reverse the Effect – Do you drive a car? Most of you will have answered yes to this question… find out how you can reduce the carbon footprint of your vehicle by clicking here!
To read the General Manager’s update on all of CSGC’s ongoing economic development initiatives in the Southern Gold Coast, click here!
To contribute to our monthly newsletter, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 23rd of the month for the information to be included in the following month’s newsletter, or call us on 07 5534 3500!