Southern Gold Coast
This site requires Flash Player installed. Please download Please download the latest Flash Player.
of lifestyle that's
second to none
and envied the
world over southern Gold Coast
offers a wealth
Investing in the Southern Gold Coast
Click HERE for information about GCCC's Gold Coast Investment Attraction Program
If you are starting a business on the Gold Coast, click HERE for some great information from BusinessGC's site
To read the results from our recent 2010 Business Conditions Survey, click on this link!
The Southern Gold Coast offers a wealth of opportunity to those wishing to invest or establish a business within its borders.
Generally, at its widest point, the region is only 1 km from its surf beaches (it abuts the State border). It offers not only a relaxed lifestyle with quality living and retailing, but also quick access to some of the best natural wonders in Australia, including its north-facing, World-renowned surf beaches and the World-famous Australia’s Green Cauldron, just 10-15 minutes drive into the picturesque hinterland.
The region is continuing to experience significant investment into sectors such as community infrastructure; residential houses and beachfront apartments; transport, and industrial and tertiary, including health, education and creative industries.
Prospective investors and business owners should focus on the Southern Gold Coast, due to it offering the following strategic advantages:
- a unique, regional collocation over approximately 8 kms, north to south, of:
- the dynamic Southern Cross University;
- the fast growing Gold Coast Airport, which hosts international carriers, such as AirAsia X, Air New Zealand and Pacific Blue; as well as national carriers Jetstar and Virgin;
- the continued expansion of the Gold Coast Airport Development Park;
- the prestigious John Flynn Private Hospital;
- the modern Currumbin Waters Industrial Estate, located adjacent to the north-south, national MI highway;
- the national M1 highway which offers the region a gateway to Queensland from New South Wales to the south, and connection to other attractive parts of the Gold Coast and Brisbane to the north;
- host to the Gold Coast Airport, which is Australia’s fastest growing domestic and international airport, outside of a capital city;
- home to a creative and educated workforce with skill sets in the trades; professions; and creative industries such as sculpture, art and film; and
- a modern road and transport system allowing easy and short commutes within its borders and to points south (Tweed Heads, NSW) and north (the northern Gold Coast and its attractions, including Surfers Paradise);
- a commercial and retail hub at Coolangatta, which is complemented by business and shopping precincts at Kirra, Tugun and Currumbin; and
- being a key region within the wider Gold Coast City Council, which is a body known internationally for:
- tourism promotion see www.VeryGoldCoast.com ; and
- a deep commitment to attracting and developing contemporary industries for the 21st Century. See www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au
Southern Cross University is developing a new Gold Coast campus at
the southern end of the Gold Coast Airport Development Park, just 400
metres from North Kirra Beach. The $20 million foundation building will
open to students in February 2010 offering courses in business,
convention and event management, international tourism management, and
law and paralegal studies. This will complement courses in secondary
and early childhood education, occupational therapy, social science and
sport management at existing Southern Cross University facilities in
Tweed Heads. Planning is underway for a second 10-storey building on
The Gold Coast Airport is currently the nation’s fastest growing domestic airport and is undergoing a $100 million expansion. This will further increase direct, international flights to enhance tourism, trade and business prospects for the Southern Gold Coast region and the Gold Coast generally. The gradual expansion of the Gold Coast Airport Development Park will see the Southern Gold Coast able to offer quality sites for the continuing growth of industries which complement the University/Airport/Hospital collocation.
The John Flynn Private Hospital is a 317 bed acute care facility located at Tugun, some 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. It is part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator with hospitals in most States of Australia. It provides a wide range of health care services, including emergency, comprehensive cardiac, orthopaedic surgery, oncology, maternity and paediatrics, renal dialysis and day surgery.
The Currumbin Waters Industrial Estate offers a locational opportunity for businesses involved in diverse sectors such as manufacturing; wholesaling, transport; engineering; distribution and many other sectors. It is 5 minutes from some of the best surf beaches and abuts not only the M1 but, also, some of the best residential, canal and hinterland living on the Gold Coast.
If you wish to receive more information about investing or doing business in the Southern Gold Coast please email us on email@example.com